Booking Terms & Conditions
For all bookings, including those made by telephone or internet, by making the required payment of 30% of the total rental fee and thus securing and confirming their booking, the Guest confirms they have read and accepted these Booking Terms & Conditions. The Guest must be over 18 years of age and authorised to make the booking and to accept these Booking Terms & Conditions on behalf of all persons who will be using the Premises as a private holiday residence for the duration of the booking (the Party). The Guest will be responsible for making all payments due.
On receipt of documents from us you must advise us if anything appears to be incorrect. We (the owners) regret that we cannot accept liability if we are not notified of any inaccuracies within 10 days of our dispatching the documents to you. We reserve the right to refuse a booking without giving any reason.
RENTAL PAYMENT & DAMAGES / EXTRA CLEANING DEPOSIT PAYMENT
In order to secure your booking, the Guest agrees to pay the letting fee using the accepted methods of payment (see “Accepted Methods of Payment” clause below). A deposit payment of 30% of the total rental fee is due on confirmation to secure the booking and the remaining balance is payable on the booking date of arrival. If we do not receive your deposit rental payment within 5 days of your verbal or email confirmation, then we will release your reservation and will not be able to guarantee that the property will subsequently be available.
To cover any potential damages / extra cleaning required to the Premises, the Guest will pay a deposit of £50 which is already included in the quoted price. This is fully refundable, less any sum which may be due to the Owners from the Guest as a result of any breach of the Guest’s obligations with accordance to Booking Terms & Conditions.
We must receive the balance of rental fee (which is inclusive of the additional damages / extra cleaning deposit) at least 30 days prior to the booking date of arrival. If payment is not received by us in full at least 30 days prior to the booking date of arrival then we reserve the right to treat the booking as cancelled. In this case, cancellation charges as set out in the clause “Cancellation by Guest” will be applicable.
Please be advised that we are not obliged to send reminders of payment dates.
Although we would not anticipate any costing errors on the confirmation invoice, should there be an obviously incorrect price shown, then we will issue a new invoice and will not be bound by the price shown on the incorrect invoice.
ACCEPTED METHODS OF PAYMENT
- Bank Transfer
We regret that cash payments will not be accepted.
A binding contract comes into existence when we dispatch our confirmation invoice for your booking. This contract is governed by English Law. It is mutually understood and agreed that any dispute, claim or any other matter that arises out of this contract or your holiday will be dealt with by the courts of England and Wales.
CANCELLATIONS – BY GUEST
You may cancel your booking at any time. Cancellation must be communicated to us in writing and takes effect from the date received by us. In the event of cancellation then the following charges become applicable:
Less than 30 days prior to arrival date – 100%of full cost
Between 30 and 60 days prior to arrival date – 30% of full cost
(equal to the rental deposit payment ie. 30% of the rental fee made to secure the booking)
Prior to 60 days before arrival date – 0% of full cost
(the rental deposit payment ie. 30% of the rental fee, made to secure the booking will be returned and no further payments are required)
CANCELLATIONS – BY US
It is extremely unlikely that we will have to make any changes to your property rental. However, occasionally we may have to make changes and reserve the right to do so at any time. Most of these changes would be minor and we will advise you of them as soon as they may be applicable. If we are forced to cancel the property rental because of force majeur or for any reason that makes the property unfit for rental, you will have the choice of either allowing us to try to locate a suitable alternative property on your behalf or of cancelling the booking and accepting a full refund of all monies paid to us. Please note that we are not liable for any consequential loss or incidental expenditure resulting from the cancellation of your holiday.
It is the responsibility of the Guests to ensure that their personal possessions are insured. We cannot accept any liability for theft of, loss of or damage to personal possessions.
We also recommend that guests arrange adequate travel insurance for cover in case of cancellation (see clause “Cancellations – By Us”).
Complaints must be reported immediately to the owners of the property or to their representatives thereby giving them the opportunity to rectify the problem during your stay. If the problem cannot be rectified during your stay, you must write to us within 28 days of departure giving full details of your complaint. We cannot accept complaints if you have not followed the course of action laid down in this clause.
OCCUPATION OF THE PROPERTY
You and your Party agree to use the premises as a private holiday residence for up to the number of persons specified only as follows and not for any other purposes whatsoever:
- Hendra premises – maximum 4 persons
- Trevidic premises – maximum 4 persons
- Neskar premises – maximum 6 persons
Additional persons may be accommodated by prior arrangement only. The owners or our representatives have a right at all times to refuse access to the property for people who are not members of the Party.
The Guest agrees with the following rules of accommodation associated with the Premises:
- Not to deface, make any alterations or additions to the interior or exterior of the Premises or to the decoration, fixtures or fittings of the Premises or to the furniture.
- To keep the furniture, soft furnishings and equipment in their present state of repair and condition and to replace with similar articles of at least the equivalent value and standard, any items of furniture which may be found to be missing or destroyed (reasonable wear and tear accepted).
- Not to remove any of the furniture from its present position in the Premises.
- Not to affix any poster or placard to the interior or exterior of the Premises.
- Not to do or permit to be done anything which may be a nuisance or annoyance or cause of damage to any neighbouring or adjoining property.
- Not to do anything or suffer or permit anything to be done as a result of which any policy or insurance held by the Owners on the Premises may become void or voidable or subject to an increased rate of premium.
- Not to use the property for any illegal or immoral purposes.
- Not to play or permit to be played in the premises any musical instrument or sound production equipment between 11.00pm and 7.30am or so as to be audible outside the premises.
- To permit the Owners or their agents access to the Premises to deal with any maintenance or security issues.
- Not to smoke or permit smoking inside the Premises.
- Not to allow pets inside or on the Premises.
- On completion of the letting period the Guest agrees to leave the Premises and the furniture, in a clean and tidy state of repair and condition and in accordance with the provisions of this Agreement.
LOCATION MAP & DIRECTIONS + KEY COLLECTION
A Location Map & Directions with Key collection instructions will be sent to the booker on receipt of the deposit payment.
ARRIVAL / CHECK-IN TIME
This is from 15:00 / 3:00pm on the arrival day booked. We may be a little flexible on this, provided that there are no departures from the night prior. Please check with us within a few days of your arrival date and when possible we will be happy to oblige.
DEPARTURE / CHECK OUT TIME
This is by 10:00 / 10:00am on the departure day booked. We can be a little flexible on this, provided that there are no imminent new arrivals. Please check with us and when possible we will be happy to oblige.
Provisions and Declarations
- If at any time during the letting period, the fee or any part of it is unpaid or any covenant by the Guest contained in these Booking Terms & Conditions is broken or not performed or observed, it shall be lawful for the Owners or their Agent at any time thereafter to re-enter the Premises or any part thereof in the name of the whole and upon re-entry these Booking Terms & Conditions shall absolutely determine but without prejudice the right of action of the Owners or their Agent in respect of any breach of any covenant contained in these Booking Terms & Conditions.
- The Agreement by the Owners to let the Premises to the Guest is made on the basis that the Premises are to be occupied by the Guest for a Holiday as mentioned in the Housing Act 1988 Schedule 1 paragraph 9 and the Guest acknowledges that this Agreement is not an assured tenancy and that no periodic tenancy will arise on the determination of the letting period.
- As a holiday letting, this Agreement is an excluded Agreement for the purpose of the Protection from Eviction Act 1977.
- It is the intention of the Owners and the Guest during the term of this Agreement that the occupation by the Guest of the Premises is for the purposes of a holiday let only and that the Guest occupied the Premises solely on this basis and that this Agreement shall take effect as a holiday letting Agreement only.